The ability to intentionally laugh for no particular reason is an important part of the personal development of the participants.
We like to say that we are "laughing for the health of it"!!
Everyone wants health and happiness in their lives. But instead they are getting stressed out , depressed, getting less sleep, more negative thoughts and feeling isolated. Does this sound like you? Are you someone who wants to move on and bring more laughter and joy into your life? You are in the right place. Laughter Yoga is the answer.
Laughter Yoga is a revolutionary idea – simple and profound. An exercise routine, it is sweeping the world and is a complete well-being workout. Developed by a medical doctor from India Dr. Madan Kataria and his wife, Madeira, it has spread across more than 100 countries.
When you generate laughter (for at least 10-15 Minutes) through laughter exercises in a class, club, session or solo practice you can get some pretty amazing physiological and psychological benefits.
• Boosts the immune system: Practicing laughter quickly increases levels of anti-viral and anti-infection cells; our immune system's first lines of defense against illnesses.
• Increases oxygen intake: Laughter Yoga improves lung capacity and oxygen levels to the blood, circulating more oxygen rich blood throughout our body and brain.
• Releases endorphins and serotonin: These give the body pain relieving effects and the mind a feeling of well-being that helps increase optimism, self-confidence and feelings of happiness and joy.
• Reduces Blood Pressure: Laughter Yoga engages the body's core muscles and cardiovascular system and can significantly lower systolic and diastolic blood-pressure levels.
• Promotes emotional growth: Social play is critical to the development of social skills and emotional intelligence in children AND ADULTS!
• Relieves stress: Laughter Yoga brings about significant reductions in the stress hormone cortisol and activates the parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system giving us a feeling of energy, alertness, well-being, and joy!
AND SO MUCH MORE!
Laughter Yoga Clubs are worldwide social clubs creating communities of people who enjoy coming together for healthy laughter to spread mirth on Earth!
Joyful ViBRAYtions offers Laughter Yoga Club bimonthly in York, PA
The 4th Sunday of the month at Yoga Home studio from 4-5 pm(for more information you can check out our fb page at "Joyful ViBRAYtions", or give us a call!
“Laughter has a beauty, multidimensional. It can relax you, it can suddenly make you feel light, it can make your world not a burden, but a beautiful experience. It can change everything in your life. Just the touch of laughter can make life worth living, something to be grateful for. It is so refreshing, rejuvenating.” – Osho